[Lazarus] fppkg front end

Darius Blaszyk dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Wed May 11 10:55:04 CEST 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 10:51 AM, michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:

>>> That's exactly the idea. When those units are moved to packages, they
>>> are available (virtual) to everyone. Lazarus and non-Lazarus. (So making
>>> them a Lazarus package is not the right way, imho)
>>>
>>> Problems of this option can be that the fppkg version installed on a
>>> system is different then the version which is used when building the
>>> application. The library solves that problem.
>>>

>> Joost, will you move fppkg to ./packages? Do I need to create a report for it?
>
> Just the units need to be moved imho, the actual program not really ?

You're right on that. On a side note, I would like to use some of the features that fppkg implements as well (like setting up the repositories). Is it OK to move these functions to a separate class or unit? This way both fppkg as the GUI can use the same functions and do not need to implement them separately.

Darius