[Lazarus] IDE Options implementation question

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun May 22 01:19:15 CEST 2011

On 21/05/2011 22:56, John Repucci wrote:
> I would like to mimic the Lazarus IDE Options window for my program.
> Can anyone point me to an example with a similar implementation?
> What object is used on the left side and how is it populated?
> Is there a way I could open the editor or the IDE Options inside the
> Lazarus editor?

To find out which part of the IDE is implemented in which unit, you have
2 options

1 )open the dialog, and press shift-ctrl-F1
=> the window that comes up is used for editing help (you don' need to
care about that for now)
=> the window does has a button that says "open ..." (lower left).
This button will open the unit

The IDE options are made from many units though.

2) install the package named "IDE inspector"
It creates an entry "Inspect IDE" in the "view" menu, sub menu "IDE
internals".
It also allows you to set a global key (last tool button in the toolbar,
attention toolbar may wrap, so may be in 2nd line)

It displays the object that has the focus, in an object inspector. and
also displays the unit and more