[Lazarus] Why does Lazarus insist on rebuilding the LCL?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun May 22 16:59:54 CEST 2011

Bart schrieb:
> Every time I update Lazarus, I rebuild it from commandline:
>
> make clean all OPT='-gl'
>
> Then when I open the start Lazarus and want to build the last project
> I was working on, it immediately rebuilds the enitre LCL
> (I thought I had just done so by using make clean all)

It may help to set all the packages to "explicit compilation". It really
would be nice to allow for rebuilding *all* packages only explicitly,
without marking every single package accordingly.

I had some problems myself in building Lazarus from the IDE, when at
sudden some options were passed to the "normal" IDE packages, but not to
e.g. the EasyDockMgr package. Is this a known issue?

DoDi