[Lazarus] TIBConnection + LCLNoGui + FreeBSD

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Sun May 22 23:10:36 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 00:47, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>> There are basically two options for TAChart now:
>> 1) Wait until FPCanvas/FPPen/FPBrush/FPFont interface is exactly
>> the same as LCL equivalents.
>
> What is still missing ?

You can easily check yourself by comparing FPCanvas and Graphics source.
In particular,
TFPCustomPen misses Cosmetic, EndCap and JoinStyle propertues,
TFPCustomBrush is ok except for Color, and
TFPCustomFont misses CharSet, Pitch, Quality and Style, and
overrides Name and Size which may lead to subtle bugs.

> If you expect to see the Color property as it is in the LCL, that will not
> happen.
Why? It is only a few lines of code.

> But using TFPColor as in fpCanvas should work in the LCL as well.
Except it will not work with Object Inspector and is stylistically incompatible
with quite large base of Delphi/Lazarus graphics application.

Lack of Color will force me to create TChart-specific versions of pen/brush/font
despite all the other work you have done.

--
Alexander S. Klenin