[Lazarus] TFreeTypeFont Rotated Text

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat May 28 15:38:02 CEST 2011

On Sat, 28 May 2011, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> On Sat, 28 May 2011, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>
>> On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 07:57, Michael Van Canneyt
>> <michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
>>> The Free Pascal FreeType has no support for orientation, for the simple
>>> reason that the property didn't exist when freetype support was
>>> implemented.
>>>
>>> You don't need to take my word for it, just check the sources.
>>
>> I have already checked them when I implemented font rotation in
>> TAChart/FPCanvas.
>> See
>> https://github.com/graemeg/freepascal/blob/master/packages/fcl-image/src/ftfont.pp#L238
>> https://github.com/graemeg/lazarus/blob/upstream/components/tachart/tadrawerfpcanvas.pas#L255
>
> Ah. Well, how am I supposed to know about that ?
> The Git repository is private for Graeme. Changes to it are not communicated
> back to FPC.
>
> Why did you not submit a patch to FPC ?

Forget this reply;

I understood you wrong, I thought you had implemented it and committed it in Git.

There is a property Angle there (private to FreeType font), but I was looking for
Orientation (the LCL and FPCanvas property).

The Angle property should of course be translated to Orientation, to match the LCL.

My apologies for the too fast reaction :/

Michael.