[Lazarus] Compiling lazarus in ubuntu

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Tue May 31 22:30:01 CEST 2011

On Tue, May 31, 2011 at 7:03 PM, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
> wrote:

> On Tue, 31 May 2011 18:40:37 +0400
> Max Vlasov <max.vlasov at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > but today I tried to do the same downloading and installing minimum
> > deb packages  (fpc-compiler and rtl it required) and using sources of fpc
> > and lazarus from another windows machine.
>
> How did you install FPC and Lazarus. What packages did you
> install?

It's
  fp-units-rtl_2.4.2-0_i386.deb and
  fp-compiler_2.4.2-0_i386.deb
from
  ftp://193.224.143.39/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.2/i386-linux/deb/
installed

The rest was just copied sources of fpc and lazarus from a windows
installation that I tried to compile.

>  > The problem is that make clean all for lazarus says "Can't find unit
> process
> > used by RegisterFCL".
>
> You probably have no or a wrong /etc/fpc.cfg.

hmm, It existed and looked correct, I just tried to go a way when only
minimum number of binary packages is downloaded and installed and the rest
is build from sources.

As Henry suggested I probably should do make install, I will try tomorrow,

Thanks

Max