[Lazarus] In NeedRTLAnsi, can GetACP return CP_UTF8 on Windows?

cobines cobines at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 21:50:35 CET 2011

Hello.

The code for Windows version of NeedRTLAnsi has:

FNeedRTLAnsi:=GetACP<>CP_UTF8;

Is it possible that CP_UTF8 will ever be returned by GetACP?

I know that CP_UTF8 exists on the list of codepages but I suspect it
has only been added for use in functions like MultiByteToWideChar,
SetConsoleOutputCP.

The MSDN says GetACP returns ANSI code page and CP_UTF8 is not an ANSI
codepage. I have found an old page where in the comments an MS
developers says GetACP does not support UTF-8.

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/michkap/archive/2007/05/11/2547703.aspx?PageIndex=1#comments

--
cobines