[Lazarus] Support for dotted unit name

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Nov 4 19:05:08 CET 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
> On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 3:51 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>> Lazarus only supports one GUI: LCL.
>
> False, KOL-CE works in Lazarus too.

I cannot confirm that, seeing no such option in the IDE.

>> The new strings also are an FPC issue, which may require a different LCL.
>
> Based on what you say that? I fixed trunk usage with FPC 2.7 today
> with trivial changes, so the new strings are not problematic.

I also don't know about the outcome of the discussion and consequential
implementation. Where can I look to learn more?

>> Embarcadero could not provide designers for FireMonkey right now, and
>> Lazarus will run into the same problem - as can be seen with the fpGui
>> widgetset (which is more LCL compatible than FireMonkey or KsDev).
>> Embarcadero failed with a VCL.NET, now they even don't try to provide a
>> VCL.FireMonkey. Lazarus is even more problematic, since it cannot load a
>> different component library dynamically, instead it must be rebuilt for a
>> different FMCL.
>
> Now your comments are getting even wierder.
>
> Did you actually ever use LCL-fpgui?

No, see above. The last state was "partially implemented" AFAIK.

> It looks like you are not aware that since ever Lazarus supports
> designing for any widgetset regardless of the widgetset of the IDE.

I know what problems result from controls with incompatible properties,
not expected by the designer or OI :-(

> I can even give you a screenshot:
> http://www.vhpd.de/wp-content/gallery/lazarus-tutorial-win-ce/vhpd_lazarus_wince_s4.jpg

Sorry, I don't understand what you want to demonstrate?

DoDi