[Lazarus] Support for dotted unit name

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 5 17:56:32 CET 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:

> You wrote:
>
> <quote>Lazarus is even more problematic, since it cannot load a
>  different component library dynamically, instead it must be rebuilt for a
>  different FMCL.</quote>
>
> So I show a screenshot proving that you don't need to use the IDE in
> Windows CE to write Windows CE applications. 1 IDE built for whatever
> widgetset can write software for any target.
>
> Or did I missunderstand what you were trying to say?

As already mentioned: *when* a widgetset has an LCL interface (API),
it's just another widgetset - no problem.

But when a widgetset like FireMonkey comes with its own API, defined by
Delphi and *incompatible* with VCL/LCL, any number of problems can
occur. Different components can have the same class names, LCL
components will not fit as clients into forms or controls of FireMonkey
etc. :-(

DoDi