[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and source code for FPC and Lazarus?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Nov 12 17:01:30 CET 2011

Curt Carpenter schrieb:
> I'm new to Lazarus from Delphi, and am still trying to learn how to use
> the Lazarus docs effectively.   I too would like a guide to using them
> well.
> (Although they're fragmented over multiple documents,  I STILL find the
> Lazarus material easier to use than the current versions of the Delphi
> docs.)

:-)

> That said though:  how about joining a community documentation group
> that could do a good outline and then distribute writing assignments to the
> group members?   I'd join such an effort if I knew how (and if my newbie
> understanding would allow me to contribute something.)

You mean documentation *other* than source code documentation?

There is the wiki, where everybody can write articles...

> I realize that such a group might already exist.   But how to join
> it/contribute?   Need a knowledgeable leader(s) that can do the basic
> organization task
> (a pretty big job!)

Right, organizing all material is a very big job :-(

I'm not happy at all with the wiki, I cannot find anything there, unless
somebody gives me a direct link. Do you have an idea how this could be
improved?

DoDi