[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and source code for FPC and Lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 19:30:14 CET 2011

On 12 November 2011 19:51, Curt Carpenter <1cjcarpenter at .....> wrote:
> I find the wiki useful and friendly, and have pretty good confidence that if
> I have a question, I'll find the answer there somewhere.  It's just hard to
> know where.  (I've taken to keeping careful notes about where to find stuff
> -- in the wikis, on the forum pages etc.)

And that's the exactly proof to tell anybody that the wiki is a bad
idea and simply doesn't work for documentation. What's the point in
having brilliant documentation if nobody can find anything. Searchable
offline docs are a must! And I don't just mean search for a matching
word, but look at similar words with a matched rating system, include
words to exclude from search results, using regex in the search term
needed etc. Docview supports such type of searching already. If the
Lazarus folk aren't comfortable with using a non-LCL based help
viewer, then simply port DocView to LCL. The INF reading code, search
engine etc are abstracted from the UI code, so porting should be easy.

  - Graeme -