[Lazarus] MDI implementation

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Thu Nov 17 08:14:27 CET 2011

On Thursday 17 of November 2011 07:55:16 Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 16/11/2011, zeljko <zeljko at h....> wrote:
> > qt mdi implementation works on all targets (win32,mac, linux,
> > wince,android ...whatever).
>
> Yes, because they don't use OS supplied MDI, they implemented their
> own cross-platform version. So why LCL doesn't want to do the same,
> beats me. But if you guys like struggling, that's your prerogative.

What are you talking about ?

1.MDI interface have same properties/routines as Delphi
2.Only 2 widgetsets have their MDI implementaton (win32, qt)
3.For other's I've written mdiemulator (which basically works), but have
problem with left/top positions, so handle part should be rethinked, so
widgetset (gtk2, carbon etc) should create form + title and take care of
client rect (without title bar of mdi).
4.One day (but that's *one day in future*) we'll have lazarus custom drawn
widgetset (yes, something like fpgui , but more friendly to lcl), and then
we can talk about implement everything in lcl.
5.MDI support just started, so don't expect that it'll be finished next week
(it could be if someone provide patches).

zeljko