[Lazarus] [fpc-pascal] Is there an online tool for browsing library documentation and source code for FPC and Lazarus?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 17 08:16:24 CET 2011

On 17/11/2011, Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at ....> wrote:

>> I still think pressing "F1" on writeln is easier :-)
>
> Searching the XML directories in the IDE is more reliable, because it
> also finds entries which are not part of the HTML docs, e.g. on private
> fields or methods.

Yeah, but you will miss the FPC Language Reference information. INF
docs get generated in less than a minute (so can be done often with a
single script), after that I have the full Lang Ref, RTL, FCL, LCL and
fpGUI docs available by simply pressing F1 for context sensitive help.
And you also don't have the advanced searching facility of DocView
(search for phrase, search for exact keyword, search for similar
keyword, search for word but exclude some other word, regex searching
etc). I use help annotations a lot as well - somebody mentions
something in the mailing list that wasn't as clear in the docs, I
simply add annotations to my docs.

Like I said before. Excellent documentation is useless if you can't
search and find anything inside them.

  - Graeme -