[Lazarus] Postgres Cannot connect

silvioprog silvioprog at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:09:28 CET 2011

2011/11/21 Tom Russell <tsrdatatech at gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> I am using Postgres on OSX Snow Leopard. I have it installed and have
> used it with other languages and tools, etc but I cannot seem to
> figure out how to set the path to the dylib for it from my lazarus
> program.
>
> When I try setting the connection property to true it states it cannot
> find the file and asks if Postgres is installed.
>
> Is there something I need to set some place so that it knows where to
> look in order to connect?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

With SQLConnector, set the property "ConnectorType" to 'postgresql',
and declare the unit PQConnection in the uses clause.

Works fine to me in openSUSE, Mint and Windows 7 (*).

(*) To run my project in Win7:

C:\Users\MYUSER>copy "C:\Program Files (x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin\*.dll" "C:\fo
lder\of\my\project".

To run my project within the IDE too: "C:\Program Files
(x86)\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin\*.dll" "C:\lazarus".

--
Silvio Clécio
Blog - <silvioprog.com.br>