[Lazarus] Documenting constant values

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 26 15:03:05 CET 2011

On 26.11.2011 14:14, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
>> I think this should be discussed on a per-API basis. Please give a
>> concrete example.
>
> I gave it already: TCursor.
>
> The generated help links the cursor parameters to the TCursor
> documentation, for all procedures and methods. Now it's clear, to the
> user and documentation writer, where the related constants are (to be)
> documented.

The problem with this concrete example is that you can easily (at least
on Windows) add custom cursors. I don't know whether you have ever done
that in Delphi (I haven't), but here is an example I quickly found:
http://delphiforfun.org/programs/Delphi_Techniques/CustomCursors.htm

Note: I don't know whether Lazarus supports this.

Regards,
Sven