[Lazarus] Just curious: Source Editor's caption changes at runtime (Linux/GTK2/KDE)

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 01:11:13 CEST 2011

Hi,

Some time ago I noticed that my source editor's caption changed form
"Source Editor" to "Source Editor <2>", and then it would change back
again.
(I think it is a feature of my WM to add <2> to the caption of the
window, if another window with the same caption already exists. I use
KDE and have Lazarus built for GTK2)

However, I never saw 2 instances of the source editor.

Then some time later, Lazarus caused some floating point error, and I
was offered the choice to exit or continue. I chose continue, and to
my surprise I now really had 2 source editors!

I noticed that every time I open (or create) another project, the
caption of the source editor is changed.
So it seems that for each project a new instance of a source editor is
created, and then the old one is destroyed?

I don't remember seeing the caption of the source editor change some months ago.
IMHO it doesn't look very "professional" (please do not feel offended!).

Can this behaviour be prevented/fixed in any way?

Bart