[Lazarus] TControl.Click?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 1 15:21:41 CEST 2011

Mattias Gaertner schrieb:

>>> http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/IDE_tricks#Events_.28Method_properties.29_in_the_Object_Inspector

>> Thanks, but not understand it, but i will to check and correct my components
>> code.
>
> What do you don't understand?

The many "Do not ..." hints are not really helpful without understanding
method pointers and Assigned().

In detail I supposed that FOnClick<>nil will never work properly, on no
method pointer, because it only checks the first pointer (explanation in
Delphi newsgroups).

The documentation of Assigned() also is not really helpful, there's no
explanation of the real difference vs. P<>nil. There seem to exist more
differences, e.g. with the "dummy" event handler value at design time?

DoDi