[Lazarus] How do you debug a console program in Linux GUI mode?

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Oct 1 21:06:47 CEST 2011

On 01/10/2011 19:51, Frank Church wrote:
> I am trying to debug a program in Ubuntu gnome.
>
> In Windows the program runs starts as a console program which has the
> ability to open a GUI.
>
> In Linux only the GUI comes up. When I run the program directly from
> the gnome-terminal I get the console output.
>
> How do I configure Lazarus to do the same - start up the console then
> run the GUI?

At least 0.9.31 has a console window in the "View" menu, "Debug windows"

Not sure about 0.9.30.

There may be an option in the debugger-tab, of the options dialog:
ConsoleTTY.
If so, open a terminal (any terminal), run "tty" (should return
/dev/ppy/n), and enter the result.

In Lazarus versions 0.9.28, just run Lazarus from a console