[Lazarus] How to draw text in a edit (GTK2)

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Wed Oct 5 08:01:24 CEST 2011

On Wednesday 05 of October 2011 00:16:04 silvioprog wrote:
> 2011/10/4 zeljko <zeljko at holobit.net>:
> I saw the Qt code, but don't know how to do this in GTK.
>
> My intention was to create a placeholder without working in methods
> RealGetText/RealSetText. In Windows I can easily do with:

Point is clear: WS must draw controll, after that you must be able to do some
custom paints over it, or you can completely draw control.
Some time ago I've thinking about adding 2 flags into TWinControl
TControlStyle - csOwnerDraw and csOwnerDrawFull. They are valid only for ws
controls which are fully painted from widgetset.
1.csOwnerDraw - control is painted by ws but after that paint message is
delivered to LCL, so you can edd eg. small red triangle in TEdit corner.
2.csOwnerDrawFull - control is fully drawn by you, when an paint event occurs
it's delivered to LCL, but stopped for ws, so it won't do any additional
paintings.

zeljko