[Lazarus] Clipboard changes

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 19:35:18 CEST 2011

On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 13:26:16 -0300
> Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>> I would like some feedback by anyone using or knowledgeable in the LCL
>> clipboard design on the changes introduced by this (already committed)
>> patch:
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=20089
>
> What's the problem?
>
> Mattias
>
> --

I made TWin32WidgetSet.ClipboardFormatToMimeType raise an exception
when Windows.GetClipboardFormatName returns empty (either a Windows
predefined format or an error). At the last it will be triggered by
code that uses TClipboard.FindFormatID (or iterate over available
formats names in the clipboard) if there's a predefined format in the
clipboard the LCL doesn't know about. Is that ok?
I didn't see any other issues, but the LCL uses MIME strings more
extensively than initially thought, so I'm asking for advice.

-Flávio