[Lazarus] cwstring in arm-linux

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 19 14:08:20 CEST 2011

Marco van de Voort schrieb:
> On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 04:31:20PM +0200, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
>> Ok, I changed the define in rev 32655.
>>
>> But you should note that when paswstring gets finished it will phase
>> out cwstrings.
>
> Not that I know. And btw, I also use arm-linux without android, so please
> keep that target intact and aligned with normal linux ports.

After some discussions in Embarcadero groups I would like to learn more
about the FPC implementation and goals of the new (Unicode...) strings.
Where should I have a look?

In detail it turned out that Delphi only supports CP_ACP strings for
Ansi codepages, not including UTF-8. Strings with other encodings may be
converted properly (not yet), but otherwise should not be used with
standard stringhandling procedures. Will this be changed in the FPC RTL,
so that at least UTF8Strings are also supported properly?

DoDi