[Lazarus] LCL Message handling

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 14:45:25 CEST 2011

2011/10/19 Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Oct 19, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>> WndProc can preprocess *any* kind of messages, which must be handled in a
>> non-standard way in a specific control, e.g. the TripleClick messages.
>> WndProc finally calls Dispatch, to invoke the implemented message handler of
>> the control, or DefaultHandler for all messages without assigned handlers.
>
> You can wait some days to see if anyone is against the change and if
> not (Vincent didn't like this as far as I remember, so it would be
> good to hear from him). If there is no answer in 1 week then you can
> send a patch to bug tracker where this can then be further discussed.

Since I hardly do any win32 programming for Lazarus anymore, I hardly
have to say anything anymore.

What I was against, is letting all windows messages bubble up from the
win32 widgetset interface into the LCL. I am more a proponent of only
passing those messages to the LCL what are handled by the LCL, not all
and very messages that the win32 widget generate.

I cannot remember having said about what the LCL should handle messages.

Vincent