[Lazarus] Window sizing on gtk

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Oct 28 15:20:01 CEST 2011

Max Vlasov schrieb:
> Hi,
> I noticed a little difference between gtk and win32 in handling window
> sizing programmatically and appreciate any advice on the subject.

You should understand that non-Windows platforms have separate window
mangers, which do not allow to control forms as on Windows. The
widgetsets only have control over the *client* area of a window, but not
over the non-client areas.

> But both seems to not work on gtk
> (no visible change for WindowState changing and no visiting both
> WM_NCHitTest and CM_HITTEST handlers)

Right, these only work on Windows. The missing NC functionality makes it
e.g. impossible to drag-dock forms on Linux, by dragging their title
bars, as Delphi does on Windows.

DoDi