[Lazarus] arm-linux crash(es)

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 17:44:53 CEST 2011

Hi Lazarus devs

I'm getting a couple of crashes under arm-linux, which I think are
mostly related to unaligned access.  There's a lot of code related to
typinfo that does pointer arithmetic that will definitely break on ARM
processors.  I think some of the code probably pre-dates some of the
helper functions in typinfo, but the functions in typinfo are written
with aligned access in mind.  I've fixed a particular crash as shown in
the attached patch.  Is this acceptable?  If so, I can try and fix more
of this code.

Thanks

Henry