[Lazarus] CSV export (was: MS-Access ...)

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 04:48:34 CEST 2011

On 7-9-2011 22:58, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 07/09/2011, Reinier Olislagers  wrote:
>>
>> I'm going to crawl back into my hole now and dream of proper CSV export
>> in FPC, something a certain database product has been able to do well
>> for quite some time ;)
>
> I guess I missed some prior discussion about this.
Just trying to draw out Michael Van Canneyt after that helpdesk remark ;)
He'd earlier said he'd have a look at bugs
19759 [Patch] CSV export doesn't quote memo fields
19937 TSQLExporter does not quote memo fields (or blobs)
http://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org/msg25283.html

I happen to have some memo fields (that contain spaces) in my
application, and exporting them to CSV leads to unquoted fields and a
borked CSV file.

Tried to talk him into using SDFDataset functionality for the DB CSV
export instead of the current coding, as well...

BTW, I'll probably be away for a day or ten, so expect a bit less
mailing list/bugtracker/wiki activity regarding dbs/exports ;)

> What exactly are
> you looking for? If you haven't yet, maybe take a look at tiOPF v2
> [http://tiopf.sourceforge.net]. It has persistence layers for CSV, TAB
> etc file storage, including TDataset support. So it's quite easy to
> load something into a TDataset, then store it as a CSV or TAB
> delimited text file. Maybe that code could be of use to you.
Mmmm yes, tiOPF is on my todo list (still).

Thanks.