[Lazarus] TButton resizing is broken in Trunk's form designer

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 11:14:00 CEST 2011

On Thu, Sep 8, 2011 at 10:24 AM, Mattias Gaertner
<nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de> wrote:
>> Yes, I'll report this in Mantis too, I just wanted to vent some
>> frustration. The Lazarus project REALLY needs some sort of "quality
>> control" or regression testing!
>
> I guess, this may still have slipped through.

In big corportations they have people which only test software quality
all day (I'm one of those), so it is pretty easy to find all revisions
which broke things, even when the reproduction is as low as 10%,
because you are working all day on that, and a large project may have
even 10 QA Engineers ...

In Lazarus we have zero Quality Assurance Engineers, so in reality
everyone using trunk is a Lazarus QA ;)

Having said that, in the last few weeks I have experienced some random
issues using Lazarus trunk:

* Random(?) Access Violations - Got in both Gtk2 and Carbon
* Jumps sometimes for no reason to another code editor tab - Got in
both Gtk2 and Carbon

All issues happen only sometimes, maybe a memory corruption?

Randomly I get Graeme's issue, but I think that it has been like that
for quite a while and it is Gtk2 specific.

> I can resize it with the corner resizers. Never with the side resizers.

I just tested here and it doesn't seam to be like that. Sometimes only
the corners works, sometimes everything works, something only the
sides works.

It also isn't related to new components dropped.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho