[Lazarus] Class operators

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:39:18 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011, Martin <wrote:

> How long did it take before? Can you get me the "Debug output" from your
> system, please [1]?

In Lazarus (stable), the tooltip info appears instantly (when the
tooltip is supposed to trigger - after a 500ms hover) - no delay.
Using Lazarus 0.9.30.1 r30567M FPC 2.4.5 x86_64-linux-gtk 2.

I'm not sure I understand what "debug output" you are looking for. I
attached another screenshot showing the method signature, and what was
displayed in the tooltip in Lazarus (stable).

The method in question is a simple button OnClick event handler.
Sender is declared as TObject.

  http://bugs.freepascal.org/file_download.php?file_id=14461&type=bug

> Stabs or Dwarf?  gdb 7.0 and up, has a bug in relations to stabs. which

I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit running gdb 7.1-ubuntu.  FPC version
2.4.5 which I think defaults to Dwarf under 64-bit Linux.

> How fast (or slow) fills the watch window on you pc? (if you have
> several watches)?

The Watches window information displays instantly for the Sender
variable, but it only contains a single line of information. MUCH less
than the tooltip hint.

  - Graeme -