[Lazarus] MS Access file - is it 'accessible' concurrently ?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 13:55:48 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 08/09/2011, Lukasz Sokol wrote:
>>> If that is a factor for you, you might want to look at other
>>> databases, such as Firebird (easy to run as embedded, too),
>>> PostgreSQL, Oracle, or perhaps MySQL.
>> Which one requires least setup/dependencies and has least steep learning
>> curve ?
>
> Firebird is the easiers and smallest by FAR! At it has many more
> feature - at least compared to MySQL. So small doesn't mean less
> features here.

But which variant of Firebird? If I recall correctly there are three, I
was prodding at it a bit a few months ago and came to the conclusion
that Firebird classic might be a viable alternative to PostgreSQL since
it provided an equivalent to the listen/notify commands.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk