[Lazarus] MS Access file - is it 'accessible' concurrently ?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Thu Sep 8 15:15:36 CEST 2011

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be wrote:
> On Thu, 8 Sep 2011, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>
>> Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>>>
>>> Firebird is the easiers and smallest by FAR! At it has many more
>>> feature - at least compared to MySQL. So small doesn't mean less
>>> features here.
>>
>> But which variant of Firebird? If I recall correctly there are three,
>> I was prodding at it a bit a few months ago and came to the conclusion
>> that Firebird classic might be a viable alternative to PostgreSQL
>> since it provided an equivalent to the listen/notify commands.
>
> As far as I know, they are equivalent in exposed functionality since
> version 2.1.
>
> The only difference is how they handle concurrent connections, multiple CPU
> cores and the cache.

Does that include asynchronous notifications (I forget what Firebird
calls these, but similar to Postgres's listen/notify) across sessions
and users? I am very likely wrong, but I got the impression that one of
the variants was file-access-only, and wasn't expecting that one to
handle notifications.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk