[Lazarus] SynMemo crash after "Undo"

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 15:55:22 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 8:24 AM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 10/09/2011 09:52, Dirk wrote:
>>>
>>> Lazarus 0.9.31 r32144 FPC 2.4.4 i386-win32-win32/win64
>>>
>>> Anyone has the same problem?
>>> Press Enter again: the synmemo throws an exception
>>> "TApplication.HandleException Invalid stringlist index 2"
>>>
>>> Does not happen in the IDE source editor b.t.w.
>>>
>> Yes, exactly the same here.
>> Using Lazarus 0.9.31 r32230M FPC 2.7.1 i386-win32-win32/win64
>>

> And it's TSynMemo only, TSynEdit works.
>
> BTW, something I have been wondering for a long time: What is everyones
> facination with TSynMemo?

LOL, I often questioned that on SynEdit upstream. At least there the
TSynMemo implemented some EM_xxx messages handling.
I vote for removing TSynMemo from the ComponentPalette ;-)

> It's 99.9% identical with TSynEdit (except for the extra bug), it has only
> the folowing differenes

This makes the bug all the more weird.

> - it may publish less properties that TSynEdit. Not sure, but it has it's
> own list what is published, and TSynEdit publishes everything, so TSynMemo
> is less or equal

TSynMemo doesn't publish any additional properties (except some
IFDEF-out, including some obsolete ones). TSynEdit publish or
implement the following additional properties:
    property ShareOptions;
    property Beautifier;
    property BlockIndent;
    property OnMouseEnter;
    property OnMouseLeave;
    property IncrementColor;
    property HighlightAllColor;
    property BracketHighlightStyle;
    property BracketMatchColor;
    property FoldedCodeColor;
    property MouseLinkColor;
    property LineHighlightColor;
    property DefaultSelectionMode;
    property OnSpecialLineMarkup;
    property OnStatusChange;
    property OnClickLink : TMouseEvent read FOnClickLink write FOnClickLink;
    property OnMouseLink: TSynMouseLinkEvent read FOnMouseLink write
FOnMouseLink;

Best regards,
Flávio