[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Sep 10 16:57:56 CEST 2011

On 10/09/2011 15:36, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>> Martin wrote:
>>>
>>> Ah, well, and I updated (but trunk only) the button order you
>>> mentioned.
>>>
>>> also "fixed" the windows none functionality after a debugger reset.
>>> (Though the buttons actually should only be enabled when the
>>> debugger is paused, and currently they are enabled even if the
>>> debugger runs....)
>>
>> Still testing. Had problems, and for the moment I need to update
>> SPARC FPC with a fix Florian's just done. I'll be back presently.
>
> Martin, is there anything in your fix which could be causing a lockup
> at the start of the program run? Last console output as below.

No, I don't think so. The fix for the assembler window wwas only in
code, that was triggered when the debugger object got destroyed.
Does the problem occur on the *first* attempt to run the app? Or only
after you have "reset" the debugger (via "run" menu)?

The only change, I can think off that an affect startup is rev 32200.
That is, this affects code that is executed during startup => but it
actually fixes an issue where hte debugger became none responsive
(though the issue would usually occur later during debugging)

> Debugger] Running GDB version: C
> [TDebugger.SetFileName]
> "/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk/astro_references/project1"
> [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] B TGDBMIDebugger
> [TMainIDE.DoRunProject] END
> TGDBMIDebugger.StartDebugging
> WorkingDir="/usr/local/src/heavywethers/trunk/astro_references/"
> [Debugger] Log output: &"set width 50000\n"

What is in the Menu: "View" >"debug windows" > "debug output" ?

Ideally compile the IDE with the following defines (will cause a lot of
console/log output):  DBG_VERBOSE  DBGMI_QUEUE_DEBUG