[Lazarus] Single-stepping assembler

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 17:44:32 CEST 2011

Martin wrote:

>> You are right, sorry, there is a bunch of nested {$IFDEF}... (I must
>> have had a bad day when I put that in)
>>
>> the pseudo console is still accessed, even if you specify another one
>> => I am fixing that now.... (next hour)
>>
>> Still interested to know if the current trunk (error checking) helps.
>
> Ok, in revision 32285, using /dev/null explicitly should skip the code
> that reads from the pseudo terminal. So in case the other fixes haven't
> done the job...
>
> I still have no idea, why it fails on your system.
>
> May have to add some debugln, but would first like to know, if trunk
> works (with and/or *without* the /dev/null)

Below from r32287.

> - If it doesn't work without the dev/null  then it may be that your
> system doesn't do none blocking read => but then it should return an
> erro when trying to set that property on the handle.

Without an explicit /dev/null it locks up as before.

> - If it does work without the dev/null  then it would be intersting
> (debugln) to find out what error occurs, and to see if it could be made
> working somehow (without threads)

With an explicit /dev/null it appears to work fine.

Lazarus is still building for ARM, I'll report back when I know how that
looks. I'll also check the exact kernel versions that the test systems
have running, in case there's some problem.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk