[Lazarus] The color of special characters in the Source Editor

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Thu Sep 15 13:59:49 CEST 2011

On 15/09/2011 12:48, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The "spaces" inside Comments or Compiler Directives are not the correct
> color compared to "spaces" inside code. So when you set the foreground
> color of Space characters, that color is not applied inside Comments or
> Compiler Directives. Thus making things like Comments especially hard to
> read.
>
> See the attached image.
>
> Is there a specific reason this is done, or can I add this as a bug /
> feature request to Mantis?

No specific reason.
Simply matter of priority in which things are applied.

Currently the space inside a comment is seen as a comment, therefore
treated as comment, which is a point of view.
I agree, for comments this is not very useful.

what about spaces in strings?
In strings, I could see people wanting there spaces to be 'string", (a
string of only spaces for example....)

I probably fix it for comment, but comments only.

please comment on it if you like (pun intended)