[Lazarus] Help needed with a SynEdit patch please - Tab char indicator

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Sep 16 11:03:42 CEST 2011

On 16/09/2011 09:54, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 16/09/2011 10:22, Martin wrote:
>> OpenOffice writer puts the symbol in the middle (centered)
>> Notepad++ has a continues arrow over the whole tab
>> eclipse show them at start
>    syn  (editor also based on SynEdit) puts symbol in the middle
>    EditPad Pro - symbol at the beginning.
>    Midnight Commander - uses<----->   style arrows (looks terrible)
>    MonoDevelop uses a symbol in the beginning
>

> I guess the other reason I like the symbol in the beginning, is because
> it help visually seeing indentation blocks from start to finish.

I put an option in synedit.

It is not published in ide options (patch welcome). but you can edit it
on top of synedit:

   TSynVisibleSpecialChar = (vscSpace, vscTabAtFirst, vscTabAtLast);

   SYNEDIT_DEFAULT_VISIBLESPECIALCHARS = [
     vscSpace,
     vscTabAtLast
   ];

property VisibleSpecialChars: TSynVisibleSpecialChars