[Lazarus] TPageControl bug (or by desing)?

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Sep 17 23:34:13 CEST 2011

Bart schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> The value of PageCount inside TPageControl.DoChange (and therefore in
> the OnChange event) seems wrong (to me), when you remove a page from
> the control.

This may be a bug in the widgetset - which one did you use?

E.g. gtk2 creates a dummy page when all pages have been removed. When
now the widgetset counts the pages, instead of the control, you can get
any number of strange effects, depending on the widgetset.

I already complained about more such misfeatures in the wigetsets, but
chances seem to be very low that we'll get a better (and Delphi
compatible) interface and implementation :-(

> Is this really a bug, or is it by design?

Make an bug report, perhaps it helps...

DoDi