[Lazarus] RE : Generating line info

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Sep 19 21:36:05 CEST 2011

On 19/09/2011 20:09, cobines wrote:
> 2011/9/19 Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
>> The following rules are used:
>> * If the old config had:
>>   - "debug info -g" enbled
>>   - "dwarf -gw" disabled
>> then (never mind the state of -gl -gh -gv ...) the new config has "debug
>> enabled, using stabs", and kept all other options as they where
> That is not my experience. In my projects I had set in project options
> "-g" and "-gl". After opening project in new Lazarus it defaults to
> "Automatic (Dwarf with sets)".
>
>  From lpi before:
>        <Debugging>
>          <GenerateDebugInfo Value="True"/>
>        </Debugging>
>
> After:
>        <Debugging>
>          <GenerateDebugInfo Value="True"/>
>          <DebugInfoType Value="dsAuto"/>
>        </Debugging>

I have just been testing again (with todays lazarus (there have been
some issues in the past few days) => it works.

I do get the type=stabs, I checked my project had exactly the settings
you copied above. I also checked tha content of the new saved lpi file....

Please test with the latest version of Lazarus.

--
As for line info => it has for some reason always defaulted to true =>
that is, it is on, if not explicitly disabled in the config file.

However, I do not know, if the default in a virgin Lazarus install is
true or false => if it was false, then every project file would store an
explicit line saying it is off => I do not know why that is...