[Lazarus] Updated docs

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 15:07:41 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys schrieb:

>> mschnell at mschnell-Linux:~/Downloads/svn/lazarus/trunk/docs/html>
>> ./build_lcl_docs --outfmt ipf --fpdoc ~/Downloads/svn/fpc/trunk/utils/fpdoc
>> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit /paswstring.pas
>> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit forms/forms.pp
>
> This is warnings generated by 'build_lcl_docs', not 'fpdoc'.

These warnings are crap, there doesn't exist a forms/forms.pp file.
I supplied an according patch, changing 2 lines in build_lcl_docs fixes
the file search. I wonder when this patch will be applied to trunk...

But why use build_lcl_docs, when scripts are supplied for Linux?

> eg:
> $ ./build_lcl_docs --showcmd
> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit /Controls_lcl.pas
> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit /paswstring.pas
> Warning! No corresponding xml file for unit forms/forms.pp
> fpdoc --content=lcl.xct --package=lcl --descr=../../xml/lcl/lcl.xml
> --input=@inputfile.txt  --format=html
> --descr=../../xml/lcl//actnlist.xml

The "//" also is part of the buggy file search, fixed with my patch.

> Passing the --showcmd parameter, simply outputs how it will call
> fpdoc, but doesn't actually call it. Yet those "Warnings" are there.

It should be noted that build_lcl_docs executes fpdoc within the
html/lcl directory, therefore the many ../

>> "build_lcl_docs" seemingly calls fpdoc and fpdoc is the program that
>> crashes.
>
> I think it might be due to the warnings generated by build_lcl_docs,
> but I might be wrong. I suggest you use the --showcmd parameter, and
> save the console output to a file. Then comment blocks of lines to
> narrow down what parameter / unit causes fpdoc to crash in your case.

build_lcl_docs saves the list of xml files in inputfile.txt, which must
be updated to exclude suspect files.

I also supplied mkhtml.bat, to build the docs for only one LCL unit. It
should not be complicated to adopt it to Linux.

DoDi