[Lazarus] [resolved] Re: (Still googling for it) GDB error 31 ?

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 10:13:14 CEST 2011

On 22/09/2011 18:51, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Lukasz Sokol schrieb:
>
>> And that driver is the vendor driver for touchpad (did I mention
>> the system is a laptop?)
>
> I usually disble the touchpad, because it can get into the way when
> typing text on the keyboard. Perhaps the error results from an
> inadvertent touch of the touchpad, not from typing?
>
> Can you reproduce the error by using the touchpad only, not typing?
>
> DoDi

I have uninstalled this APoint ALPS driver completely, leaving it as
the ordinary system ps2 mouse... no scrolling zones any more, but.
I think now this must have been some weird interaction of components,
because the gdb still does report error 31 on some other driver dll,
(some native dell device driver) but does not crash any more.

Moreover if that was the touchpad only it would have happened when I moved
mouse or clicked over the test application, supposedly ?
But this was only happening when
1. I clicked into TMemo.
2. I typed one key on the keyboard.

If there was no TMemo on the form, nothing bad happened.
If there was only a TButton i could click it, still nothing bad happened.

Thanks,

Lukasz