[Lazarus] Spurious package rebuild

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Fri Sep 23 12:07:51 CEST 2011

On 22/09/2011 19:36, cobines wrote:
> 2011/9/22 Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
>> Open the package, look at the compileroptions of the package.
>> It will be in there.
>>
>> The problem is:it is yet missing in the Makefiles.
> Ah, I see. It is not explicitly stated in lclbase.lpk because it is
> the default value now. But I open lclbase.lpk in IDE, in Linking page
> the debugging info is set to "Automatic (Dwarf with Sets(-gw
> -godwarfsets))". So that must be it.

Problem should be solved.
Automatic is now "-g", so options should match.

Unfortunately, improving the default turned out to require more work,
than I currently have time for.

As for  inspecting properties (those that map to fields) :
Or any other dwarf benefit (now or future), people will have to switch
to dwarf them self (unless they are on a platform where fpc defaults to
dwarf)