[Lazarus] Source and Editor woes

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Tue Sep 27 21:27:58 CEST 2011

On 24/09/2011 12:13, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> While editing the LCL docs I came across the following nasty things:
>
> After an commit the XML file(s) may be found different, so that the
> IDE asks to reload the file(s). Did somebody else observe this strange
> behaviour?

The IDE shows a diff, if you select one of the files in the dialog. So
you can check what changed.
I have seen this with pascal files, if the contain a $ID, which svn updates.

> Because the lines in the XML files can be very long, I sometimes edit
> them in full-screen mode. Unfortunately the editor window is restored
> to normal size on many events:
> - text completion (pops up whenever the cursor rests after an dot)
> - block folding
> - (don't remember more)
>
> Can this behaviour be cured, somehow?

Which revision?
Any docking extension active in the ide? Maybe another package?

I recall having had that once, for a very short time (quite a while
ago), I do not think it was my config, it might have been some extra
package that was installed, or it got fixed (at least as far as my tests go)