[Lazarus] Source and Editor woes

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Wed Sep 28 10:05:16 CEST 2011

On 28/09/2011 02:48, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Martin schrieb:
>> The IDE shows a diff, if you select one of the files in the dialog.
>> So you can check what changed.
>
> That turned out to be not really useful. It contained 5600 lines,
> IIRC, impossible to find out what's different and what's the correct
> version. When I saved the editor file under a different name, fc did
> find only two different lines - with no visible difference
> (whitespace? line endings?).

Don't know, a bug? or a diff algorithm that doesn't work well with your
data?
I mostly have pascal files open. and shows the right diff.

>> I recall having had that once, for a very short time (quite a while
>> ago), I do not think it was my config, it might have been some extra
>> package that was installed, or it got fixed (at least as far as my
>> tests go)
>
> I.e. you can not reproduce the described behaviour?

I played around with it, for some longer. I use "restore pos" in the
window settings, so it does not happen.

You probably have a fixed pos? In that case it can be reproduced, on
focus. Please report it on mantis