[Lazarus] Problem to rename a form

Howard Page-Clark hdpc at talktalk.net
Wed Sep 28 14:43:52 CEST 2011

On 28/9/11 1:24, Rafael Tuim Elias wrote:
> I found a strange behavior in Lazarus IDE. To reproduce follow that steps:
>
> 1 - Create a new project.
> 2 - Rename Form1 to fmAINmENU
> 3 - Save all
> 4 - Try to rename the form to FMainMenu
>
> IDE doesn't permit. The error: This component has already the class TFPrint.
>
> I think it is a little bug.

It's not a bug if the error message is
  "This component has already the class fmAINmENU"

since the IDE rightly disallows having two components with identical
names (ignoring case). So, yes, the IDE does not check if you are just
altering the case of the component name from what was originally
entered. It won't let you do that. Hardly a big deal.

However, the English error message would be better "This component
already has the class..." (which is English, rather than transliterated
German).