[Lazarus] ARM, Cortex-A8 in Genesi Efika MX cloud computer

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 17:33:00 CEST 2011

On 28/09/11 16:15, Philip Cockram wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the heads up,
>
> Dom and I have it compiling correctly from an i386 Ubuntu VM, and
> running on the ARM Linux box, (that compiler option works fine -meabi=5)
>
> However I still would prefer to get it compiling on my windows box, I
> have tried and failed several times to rebuild the binutils following
> the guide at http://wiki.freepascal.org/Setup_Cross_Compile_For_ARM
>
> as its all for linux, alot of the commands don’t work, such as
> "./configure --target=arm-linux --disable-werror".

You have to do a Canadian Cross.  This is where the build, host and
target platforms all differ.  On Debian, I install the mingw32 package,
which gives me the linux->mingw32 cross binutils/compilers.  They are
called i586-mingw32msvc-*, so my binutils configure command is:

./configure --prefix=/opt/arm-linux-eabi-win32 --target=arm-linux-eabi
--host=i586-mingw32msvc --disable-werror

You may have to adapt this if your cross tools have a different prefix.

Then a simple `make && make install` gets me binutils that I can copy to
my Windows machine.

> Nor can i find anywhere thats got some precompiled binutils in this state.

I can upload the binutils I've built somewhere for you to try out, if
you like.

Henry