[Lazarus] Another IDE strange behavior

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 22:23:12 CEST 2011

2011/9/28 Rafael Tuim Elias <rafaeltuimelias at gmail.com>:
> Hi all
> i found another strange behavior in Lazarus IDE.
> To reproduce follow this steps.
> 1 - Create a new application
> 2 - Insert a DataModule in project (File -> New .....)
> 3 - In source editor, select the unit2 sheet (DataModule Unit)
> 4 - Minimize the source editor
> 5 - Click in Form1 area
> 6 - In component pallete select Standard/Button and try to put in Form1.
> When i click in TButton component, it disapear, getting only DataModule
> components (MainMenu, PopUpMenu, ActionList) in Standard Pallete.
> I'm using Lazarus 0.9.31 + FPC 2.5.1 + Win32 from snapshots
> best regards
> Rafael Tuim
> --

I didn't try to reproduce, but I think this could have been introduced
by this: http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19727
There is already a work-around for a "very similar" case:

I "guess" I shouldn't be using DoShowDesignerFormOfCurrentSrc, but I
couldn't any method to get the last selected designer. This:

procedure TMainIDE.ComponentPaletteClassSelected(Sender: TObject);
begin
  if TheControlSelection.SelectionForm<>nil then
    ShowDesignerForm(TheControlSelection.SelectionForm);
end;

isn't much better, since just focusing the form doesn't select a component.

-Flávio