[Lazarus] Compiling Win 64 bit LCL only with 32 bit IDE+cross compiler

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 12:28:07 CEST 2012

Hi list,

Triggered by Mattias' improvements in the make environment, I tried to
incorporate support in fpcup.

Goal: on Windows compile 32bit LCL+IDE; also compile 64 bit LCL with x64
cross compiler so users can immediately compile for x64 targets.

Method 1: originally I just did something like
make ide "CPU_TARGET=x86_64" "OS_TARGET=win64"
then
make ide
... which creates first a 64 bit LCL+IDE, then a 32 bit LCL+IDE... It
worked but was clunky.

Method 2: I had tried the "-C" "lcl/interfaces/win32" approach, but that
didn't work either.... probably because I needed to take the
dependencies into account

Method 3: I'm now trying someting like this:
make "CPU_TARGET=x86_64" "OS_TARGET=win64" "registration" "lazutils" "lcl"
...list of dependencies taken from
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Getting_Lazarus#Make_parameters

but I get
Compiling fcllaz.pas
Compiling registerfcl.pas
Compiling lazaruspackageintf.pas
PPU Loading
C:\development\fpc\units\x86_64-win64\fcl-extra\ServiceManager.ppu
Recompiling ServiceManager, checksum changed for System
registerfcl.pas(43,3) Fatal: Can't find unit ServiceManager used by
RegisterFCL
Fatal: Compilation aborted

What would be the right way to achieve my goal?
Would it perhaps be possible to let make LCL automatically pull in its
dependencies?

Thanks,
Reinier