[Lazarus] File copy

Koenraad Lelong lazarus1 at de-brouwerij.be
Thu Apr 26 14:57:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I would like to make an application to centrally store documents. I will
put a reference to the location in a Firebird database, so I can
retrieve (and show) the document.
I will let the user specify the source document, then the application
will copy the document to the central location. So, I wonder if there is
an OS-independent way to copy files.
I could do block-read/block-writes, but is this the most efficient way ?
Or should I use an os-dependent call of the copy command ? Or something
else ?
I could store the documents in the database, but I never worked with
blobs so I will try this in a next version.

Comments, tips, etc. are welcome.

Thanks,

Koenraad Lelong.