[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Apr 2 17:51:41 CEST 2012

Hans-Peter Diettrich schrieb:
 > Many languages have problems with e.g. multi-platform issues or, in
case of Lazarus, with multiple implementations (of the widgetset),
selectable at build time. The same for (third-party) libraries, which
may or may not come with source code. That's why features like
"packages" have been invented, to overcome such management problems
(search paths...). Of course everybody can manage that himself, writing
and updating Makefiles etc., but then he has no assistance by other
tools (expect written by himself).

Of course, if projects get larger, additional concepts may be needed to
handle them. But this should not affect other existing well established
concepts (like units). There are lots of people outside that do not need
any of the more sophisticated concepts but only want to have a tool at
hand for writing one person projects.

 > IIRC your case is somewhat non-standard, because you use an
*abstract* class. In such an case *every* user has to indicate the unit
or package, where that abstract interface is implemented.

I was not even aware of this fact nor would I have known that special
provisions are needed in this case.