[Lazarus] Lazarus 1.0 is branched

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Mon Apr 2 20:18:55 CEST 2012

Marco van de Voort schrieb:
>>> I think Paul has already clearly replied before.
>> Quoting yourself?
>>
>> But since nobody else replied, I assume that dragging is no more
>> considered a supported feature of Lazarus. A reasonable decision, it
>> leaves more freedom to the developers for adding unique new features,
>> which make Lazarus more featured than Delphi :-]
>
> I can't remember that being in the original message. It was more something
> that there were multiple competing dragging implementations.

There exists only one DragManager, and it is too vulnerable against bad
coding practices, as observed in the LCL and IDE.

The absence of fundamental knowledge about drag-drop in all related
discussions suggests to me that it can and will never be made work
again. If not in an outstanding release like 1.0, when else?

DoDi