[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 16:26:29 CEST 2012

On 4/3/12, Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> That's what I hoped so often with Lazarus but then yet another
> peculiarity hit me. This is especially frustrating because I never use
> the platform independend part of it. I only have the drawbacks but not
> the benefit (yet). I just imagine a young teenager would be confronted
> with all this at school. Poor pupil.

I come from TP, Delphi, and now Lazarus.
I consider myself an amateur, barely above the novice level, but I
have learned over the past years, that it makes sense to use sepreate
units (or ifdef them) for GUI (and thus possibly widgetset) related
code and "pure pascal" (as in: non-GUI non-LCL).
IMHO it also makes cleaner code.

Use the appropriate tool to develop LCL applications (the Lazarus
IDE), don't use LCL code in console programs.

If you would have learned the same over the years, you would never had
this problem.
Your whole attitude in this thread is not very learnable.

Bart