[Lazarus] Strange dependency of units

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Apr 5 17:15:42 CEST 2012

On 04/05/2012 04:45 PM, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> Exactly. That is called 'polling' windows...

> You have a strange definition of polling.
>
> Polling = Checking something at regular intervals.

Sorry for being tense, but what has been described (and acknowledged by
you) is _not_ doing something at regular intervals. The API only returns
when a message arrives. some might come in some microsecond intervals
and then there might be a gap of days. To me this is not "regular
intervals".

> Qt/GTK/X11 allow for this design as well.

So there is a possibility to feed user events to the queue in GTK ? If
so, I don't understand why the GTK Widget Type (other than the Windows
Widget Type) implements additional (an) queue(s) in Pascal code. (I
never took a look at QT.)

-Michael